THE BLUE BEAT LABEL 60 YEAR CELEBRATION ALBUM RELEASE.
THE BLUE BEAT LABEL SIXTY YEAR CELEBRATION ALBUM
‘BLUE BEAT IS BACK IN TOWN’
RELEASED FOR RECORD STORE DAY 2020 - DROP DAY 3
In 1960 London Emil Shallit and Siggy Jackson launched The Blue Beat Label and in the process created one of the most iconic, legendary, best loved and acclaimed independent record labels of all time.
To celebrate 60 years of the label a new compilation album THE BLUE BEAT LABEL SIXTY YEAR CELEBRATION ALBUM ‘Blue Beat Is Back In Town’ will be released on Saturday 24th October as part of Record Store Day 2020 - Drop Day 3.
Appropriately the album release will feature tracks from and related to The Blue Beat Label's culture-shaping history.
A very special version of THE BLUE BEAT LABEL SIXTY YEAR CELEBRATION ALBUM ‘Blue Beat Is Back In Town’ will go on sale exclusively in independent record stores in the UK and Ireland. The limited edition 12" vinyl album, mastered at Abbey Road Studios, is presented in very special limited edition blue vinyl and limited edition gatefold sleeve.
This very special limited edition album release on Record Store Day 2020 - Drop Day 3 will complement the other activities celebrating the 60th anniversary of the legendary label.
1. Blue Beat Is Back In Town - Marcus Upbeat
2. Boogie Rock - Laurel Aitken
3. Oh Carolina - The Folkes Brothers With The Count Ossie Afro-Combo
4. One Step Beyond - Madness
5. Miss Lulu - Derrick Morgan
6. Call Me My Pet - Owen Gray
7. Oh Babe (Sick & Tired) with (The Carib Beats) - Ewan & Jerry
8. Rough and Smooth (aka Rough and Tough) - Stranger Cole
1. Get Along With You Now – Bad Manners Featuring Verona
2. Rough Rider - The Beat
3. We’ll Have A Ball - The Marvels Featuring Donna Hinds
4. She’s So Sweet - Marcus & The Microdots
5. Laurel’s Boogie (London Single Version) - No.1 Station
6. Help Me Make It Through The Night - John Holt
7. Enjoy Yourself (It's Later Than You Think) - Jools Holland & Prince Buster
Limited edition heavy weight blue vinyl gatefold sleeve: 24th October, 2020
Black vinyl: Friday 20th November, 2020
Digital bundle: Friday 20th November, 2020
The official launch of THE BLUE BEAT LABEL SIXTY YEAR CELEBRATION ALBUM will take place on Wednesday 14th October.